Business sector: Nuclear safety
Project number: 17149
Funding source: KIDSF
Contract type: Project goods, works and services
Notice type: General Procurement notices
Issue date: 19 January 2018
Closing date: 19 January 2019 at 23:59 (local time)
Toplofikacia Sofia EAD, the single owned stock district heating company serving the City of Sofia, intends to use the proceeds of the Grant funds provided by the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund (the “KIDSF”), administrated by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “Bank”) under Grant Agreement No. 047 and its own financing towards the cost of the below mentioned contracts within the Project for Upgrade and Modernization of Sofia District Heating Production and Distribution System.
This General Procurement Notice is an update of the General Procurement Notice published on EBRD web site on January 20, 2017.
The upcoming procurement activities for the project components are:
Procurement of Goods and Works:
1. The project Increase of Heat Transfer Energy Efficiency aims to annually replace about 21 km of old pipelines (about 42 km in total for 2018 and 2019) with preinsulated DH pipes. The project will be implemented invoking two types of contracts as follows:
- Procurement of Goods through two separate contracts to supply preinsulated DH pipes for DH pipelines for installation in 2018 and 2019. The tendering procedure for the 2018 supply contract is in progress. Expected duration of the supply contract for 2019 is 9 months and its estimated cost is EUR 1.7 million;
- Procurement of Works to install the supplied preinsulated pipes as described above including dismantling of existing pipes and restoration works. The contracts will be carried out in 2018 and 2019. The duration of each contract for the works is expected to be 9 months and the total estimated cost of each contract is EUR 6.5 million.
Supply and Installation of Plant and Equipment:
2. Modernization of the turbine unit TG3 at TPP “Sofia east”. In order to meet the requirements of Energy Efficiency Directive 2012/27/EC regarding high efficiency of cogeneration for district heating purposes, the existing condensing type turbine is intended to be replaced with a new backpressure steam turbine with capacity of 30-35 MWel and 89 MWth.
The duration of the contract is expected to be 30 months and the total estimated cost is EUR 9.1 million.
3. Construction of flue gas utilization facility for boiler unit EK 220 t/h, No.9 at TPP “Sofia”.
The project includes the installation of a new modern flue gas utilization system for boiler unit No.9 to collect and reclaim the heat energy contained in the outgoing flue gases.
The duration of the contract is expected to be 24 months and the total estimated cost is EUR 1 million.
Procurement activities for the above projects will be launched in 2018.
Contracts to be financed with the proceeds of KIDSF Grant will be subject to the Bank's Procurement Policies and Rules and will be open to firms from any country. The proceeds of the KIDSF Grant will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities and for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser's country.
Interested parties should contact in writing:
“Toplofikacia Sofia” EAD
Mrs. Maria Domuzova
23 Jastrebetz St., 1680 Sofia, Bulgaria
Tel: +359 2 903 30 78
Fax: +359 2 859 91 24