The management of Sofia Municipality, in the person of the Mayor of Sofia Municipality, declared their MANAGEMENT POLICY, based on the priorities of the municipality, set out in the Work Plan Sofia - European Capital of Sustainable Development 2014 – 2020. The policy aims at economic and social development while preserving the historical and cultural traditions and improvement of the quality of the environment through the preservation, harmonious development and use of natural resources, without prejudice to the right of future generations to healthy living and working.
For the implementation of the Management Policy, the Sofia Municipality Management concentrate their efforts in the following areas:
- Establishing Sofia as the best city for doing business by building an infrastructure for development of the city as a business, investment and transport center in South-eastern Europe;
- Creating conditions for effective functioning of the economy of Sofia and development of public-private partnerships in the best interest of Sofia citizens;
- Achieving European standards in improving the city by completion, development and modernization of public infrastructure and provision of a clean, green, comfortable and beautiful urban environment;
- Renovation and development of efficient transport infrastructure, renewal of the transport fleet, construction and maintenance of a sustainable smart traffic management system;
- Development of e-Municipality, improvement of the quality of operation and of the provided administrative, legal, information and public services by maintaining a high level of expertise of the municipal administration;
- Conservation and efficient use of the municipal natural resources, forest fund, biodiversity, agricultural land and water sites;
- Improving the conditions for education and providing of training for children by modernizing the material infrastructure for pre-school and school education;
- Modernization of municipal healthcare establishments, provision of high-quality medical services, increase the availability of places in homes for senior citizens and hospices, integration of people in disadvantaged position;
- Development of Sofia as a leading tourist destination by preserving and displaying the natural and cultural-historical heritage, improving the conditions for sport and healthy and active living;
- Development of Sofia as one of the European cultural centers, promotion of the cultural richness on regional and European scale;
- Reduction of harmful emissions and noise, improvement of the quality of air, water and soil by implementation of the actions always carried out by Sofia Municipality for the purpose of preventing pollution of the environment;
- Strengthening the role of local authorities through effective dialogue and close cooperation with civil, non-governmental organizations and with businesses for better integration at local, regional and national level;
- Attracting additional resources under national and international programs and funds, and bringing together the efforts of all stakeholders to ensure the economic and cultural prosperity of Sofia Municipality;
- Timely informing all stakeholders on the adopted Policy regarding the quality of management of Sofia Municipality.
In order to achieve these goals, a Quality Management System was developed, implemented and maintained in the administration of Sofia Municipality, and it is continuously improved in compliance with the requirements of the International Standard ISO 9001: 2015.