Published on: 23.05.2018, updated on 17.07.2020
As of May 25-th 2018, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR) – of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) is in force.
The regulation governs the rights and the obligations related to the protection of personal data of individuals of all EU Member States.
Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality) is personal data controller within the meaning of Art. 4, § 7 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and collects, processes and keeps personal data in accordance with this Regulation and the Personal Data Protection Act.
Information about the personal data controller
|Name:||Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality|
|Registered office and address of management:||33 Moskovska St. 1000 Sofia|
|Address for correspondence:||33 Moskovska St. 1000 Sofia|
|Telephone:||0700 17 310, 02 9377 303|
Contact information of our Data Protection Officer
|Address for correspondence:||33 Moskovska St. 1000 Sofia|
|Telephone:||02 9377 400|
Purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended
Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality collects, processes and keeps your personal data on the grounds of statutory obligations and/or tasks carried out in the public interest, and in accordance with Art. 6, § 1 of Regulation (EU) 679/201.
Lodging an appeal
If your legal rights and interests are infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint at the Personal Data Protection Commission:
|Name:||Personal Data Protection Commission|
|Registered office and address of management:||2 Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., 1592 Sofia|
|Address for correspondence:||2 Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., 1592 Sofia|
Right of access
You have the right to access to your personal data by requesting and receiving information about their processing.
Providing access to information about the processing of your personal data is free of charge and Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality reserves the right to impose an administrative fee in case of recurrence or excessive requests.
Rectification, erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) and restriction of the personal data processing
You have the right to rectify your personal data if they are incorrect, as well as the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
You have the right to request Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality to erase your personal data where one of the following grounds applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, exept in the cases where a law requires their storage for a certain period;
- Upon withdrawal of your consent in the cases where a law requires its storage for a certain period;
- You object to the processing of personal data related to you and there are no legal grounds for their processing;
- The personal data must be erased for the fulfilment of a legal obligation under the EU law or the law of a Member State to which Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality is subject.
Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality has no grounds to erase personal data, which are normatively defined and must be stored within the legal periods.
You have the right to request that Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality restricted the processing of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- You have objected to processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality override your interests.
Legal grounds for processing
The administrative services we offer require processing and storage of personal data which are minimized. These data are necessary for the respective service to be processed and performed according to the legislation of the Republic of Bulgaria and the European Union. Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality collects personal data for specified and legitimate purposes and the personal data are not processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
Periods for storing personal data
The variety of services provided by Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality requires different data storage periods on paper/electronic media, while the criteria are set by the Bulgarian law and to the other storage periods the “List of types of documents with storage periods of Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality” applies.
Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality stores personal data in accordance of the applicable law and in accordance with the prescribed period.
Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
The categories of recipients of personal data to which Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality provides data:
- Public bodies (National Revenue Agency, National Social Security Institute, Ministry of Interior, court bodies, control bodies, local self-government bodies, etc.);
- Processor of personal data (natural or legal person who processes personal data on behalf of Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality on the grounds of instructions or a contract).
Principles of collection, processing and storage
In the processing, collection and storage of personal data, Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality is guided by the following principles:
- Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency
- Relevancy to the purposes of processing and minimizing the collected data;
- Limitation of the purposes for processing;
- Accuracy and actuality of the data;
- Limitation of the period of storage of documents with personal data;
- Integrity and confidentiality of the processing and ensuring an appropriate level of protection of the personal data.
Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality does not collect or process personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation.
|RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT|
Updated on 17.07.2020.
"Data subject” within the meaning of Regulation 679/2016 is any natural person who is identified or identifiable.
The data subject has the rights to:
- Information about the specific parameters of their personal data processed by the controller (Art. 13 and 14 of GDPR)
- Right to information - right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data (Art. 15 of GDPR)
- Right to rectification - Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) (Art. 17 of GDPR)
- Restriction of the processing when the accuracy of the personal data is contested or processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead (Art. 18 of GDPR)
- Portability - to receive form the controller your personal data "in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format" and to transmit data in that format to another controller by the data subject or directly by the controller (Art. 20 of GDPR)
- Objection to the processing of personal data (Art. 21 of GDPR)
- The data subject has the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling (Art. 22 of GDPR).
You can exercise your rights under Articles 15-22 of Regulation 679/2016 before Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality by means of a written application to the registry at: 33 Moskovska St., Sofia in person or by an explicitly authorized person with power of attorney, unless a special law provides otherwise.
You can also submit an application electronically through the official portal of Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality, module "Electronically signed documents" (https://svc.sofia.bg/e-document) – in the form of an electronic document signed with a qualified electronic signature.
If the application is submitted by an authorized person, a power of proxy is also required.
When submitting an application for the exercise of rights under Regulation 679/2016 to Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality, you will be asked to identify yourself by providing an identity document, electronic signature or other means of identification.
The personal data provided with the applications are used only for the purposes of exercising the claimed rights. Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality does not provide this information to third parties.
|INFORMATION FOR VIDEO SURVEILLANCE ON THE TERRITORY OF THE Sofia (METROPOLITAN) MUNICIPALITY|
Video surveillance is personal data processing, where a recording is made through technical means for video surveillance.
Sofia (Metropolitan) Municipality as a controller of personal data within the meaning of Regulation 679/2016 performs video surveillance for performance of tasks of public interest:
- prevention and detection of violations of the public order
- - traffic management and traffic safety;
- - protection of municipal property.
The collected data are used solely for the above purposes. The possibility of using the data for purposes other than the defined ones is minimized by the implemented organizational and technical measures for restriction of the unauthorized access to the data. Upon request by the competent authorities, specific records are provided, if necessary for the exercise of their powers and in accordance with the Rules for processing personal data in a system for management, collection, analysis and visualization of information from video surveillance cameras.
Video surveillance sites:
"South Park, part III", "Lebeda", "Seven park – newly renovated part at the side of Gen. Nikola Zhekov St. "Knyazhevska Garden","Knyaz-Borisova Garden" from the lake "Ariana" to the lake with the lilies, "Zaimov", "Vazrazhdane", "National Palace of Culture - South Park I", "Military Academy", "Saint Nikola"
"Central Sofia Cemetery", "Malashevski Cemetery"
2. City Gardens:
"National Art Gallery", "St. Kliment Ohridski", "Doctor's Garden", "St. St. Cyril and Methodius Library", "Russian Church", "City Garden", "Church of St. the Great Martyr George, the Victorious", garden opposite the church "St. Sophia", "Crystal".
"Patriarch Evtimiy", in front of the Central Bath and the nearby water supply facilities ("Central Bath" Garden - "Banski" Square), "Vasil Levski" - the monument to Vasil Levski, "Prince Alexander I Batenberg", Rotunda - Central Railway Station, "Holy Spirit" – Novi Iskar, the Monument to Tsar Samuil and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier, "Russian Monument".
4. Pedestrian zones:
along "Tsar Osvoboditel" Blvd. - from "Evlogi and Hristo Georgiev" Blvd. to "Vasil Levski" Blvd. (at the side of Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski"), along "Pirotska" St. – from "Knyaginya Maria Luisa" Blvd. to "Stefan Stambolov Blvd., "Vitosha" Blvd. - pedestrian zone.
5. Districts, boulevards:
"Studentski grad", "Gorna banya", "Simeonovo", "Dragalevtsi", "Orlandovtsi", "Krasna Polyana", "Dimitar Milenkov", "Vrazhdebna", "Abdovitsa", "Malashevtsi", "Bankya", "Knyazhevo".
"Knyaginya Maria-Luisa", "Bulgaria", "Botevgradsko Shosse", "Al. Stamboliyski", "Vitosha", "Shipchenski Prohod", "Hristo Botev", "Knyaz Dondukov", "Slivnitsa", "Gen D. Nikolaev", "Sitnyakovo", "Vasil Levski", "Yanko Sakazov", "P. Evtimiy", "K. Velichkov", "Gen. Skobelev", “Evlogi i Hristo Georgievi", "Madrid", "Cherni Vrah", "Arsenalski", "Tsar Boris III", "Acad. Ivan Evst. Geshov", "Tsaritsa Yoana", "T. Alexandrov", "Vladimir Vazov", "P. U. Todorov", "Gotse Delchev", "Gen. Stefan Toshev", "Ovcha Kupel", "Nikola Mushanov", “Vazkresenie", "Nikola Petkov", "Iskarsko Shosse", "Brussels", "Samokovsko Shosse", "Alexander Malinov", "Kliment Ohridski", "Simeonovsko Shosse" , "Dragan Tsankov", "Dr. GM Dimitrov", "NY Vaptsarov", "Copenhagen", "Lomsko Shosse", "Skopje", "Montevideo", "Ring Road".
at the Council of Ministers and the Presidency, at Zagore Street, at Svetoslav Terter Street, at Peyo Yavorov Blvd., at Akademik M. Popov Street, along Botevgradsko Shosse Boulevard and Pirdop Square, along Botevgradsko Shosse Boulevard and Pirdop Square, along Botevgradsko Shosse and St. Bogoridi Street, along Botevgradsko Shosse Boulevard opposite block 54, along Botevgradsko Shosse and Vitinya Street, along Botevgradsko Shosse and Vitinya Street - east, along Botevgradsko Shosse and Rilska Obitel Street - west, along Botevgradsko Shosse and Rilska Obitel Street - east, along Botevgradsko Shosse and Pop Gruyu Street, along Botevgradsko Shosse Boulevard and Bust Station West, along Botevgradsko Shosse Boulevard opposite BG Motors Service, along Botevgradsko Shosse and 52 Street and 8 Street (former Boris Iliev Street), along Botevgradsko Shosse Boulevard and Avtocam Service, along Botevgradsko Shosse Blvd. opposite boarding school "Prof. Mutafchiev", railway station Poduyane, "Tsarevets", along "P. Yavorov" Blvd. (Former Sofia Land), "Chavdar", "Acad. Iv. Evst. Geshov", "Gotse Delchev", "Ruchey", "T. Kableshkov","Nishava", "Bokar", "Prono" Vitosha Blvd. and "P. Slaveykov" Blvd., tram stop at the NPC pylons, "Tsarigradsko shosse" - "San Stefano" Street - "Orlov most", "Tsarigradsko shosse" - Printing complex, "Tsarigradsko shose" - former hotel Pliska.
at bl. 243 between, Georgi Izmirliev Str. And Kostenski Vodopad Str., at bl. 97 between Nishava Street and Zlatishki Prohod Street, at bl. 26, Orehova gora Street, at bl. 41 between Dr. Georgiev Street, Yaroslav Veshin Street and Yanko Zabunov Street, between Vl. Vazov Blvd., R. Veleka Street and Todorini Kukli Street - at bl. 15, between Vl. Vazov Blvd., R. Veleka St. and Todorini Kukli St. - at bl. 14, between Vl. Vazov Blvd., R. Veleka St. and Todorini Kukli St. - at bl. 13, between Vl. Vazov Blvd., R. Veleka St. and Todorini Kukli St. - at bl. 12, between Vl. Vazov Blvd., R. Veleka St. and Todorini Kukli St. - at bl. 18, between Todorini Kukli Str., St. Bogoridi Str. K. Fotinov Str. - at bl. 22 - bl. 22a, between Todorini Kukli Str., Khan Sevar Str. - at bl. 21, at bl. 244 between Kosta Lulchev Street, G. Galilei Street, Hr. Chernopeev Street, Al. Von Humboldt Street, at bl. 130 on Nicolaus Copernicus Street, at bl. 255 on Andrey Nikolov Str., At bl. 254 on Andrey Nikolov Street, between Kalina Malina Street, Svetlostruy Street and Hemus Street, at bl. 106 between Kosta Lulchev Street and Alfred Nobel Street, at bl. 265 between Andrey Nikolov Street and Kosta Lulchev Street, at bl. 2A between Roglets Street and Coral Street, between Kademlia Street and V. Atanasov Street, at bl. 21 and bl. 22 m. In Al. Momchev Str., Murden Str., Kamchia Str., Ivan Sergiev Str., At bl. 32, bl. 40 and bl. 39 between Shipchenski Prohod Blvd., Prof. S. Popov St., Vl. Vasilev St. and Mihail Eminescu Blvd.