THE STATUE OF SOFIA
It was placed at one of the most prominent places in the capital in 2000.
The statue was ordered on the occasion of the millennium and was made by the sculptor Georgi Chapkanov.
It depicts a young woman with a crown of a fortress wall, who holds in her right hand a laurel wreath, and on her left an owl - a symbol of wisdom - has perched.
Perceived as the town's symbol and patron, and guardian of the state, it radiates grandeur, peace and beauty.
The entrances to the Serdika metro station, the “St. Petka Samardzijska” church (IV century), the Banya Bashi Mosque (1576, architect Mimar Sinan), the Sofia Synagogue and the Catholic Cathedral of St. Joseph (2006) are around it.