THE BUILDING OF THE BULGARIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
On May 25, 1925, on the design of architects Ovcharov and Yordanov began the construction of the new building of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, which now-a-days we know as the central building of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
On June 24, 1928, the first General Assembly of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences was held in the new building at the “Narodno Sabranie” Square. The appearance of the building is preserved in almost its original look.
The main entrance to the square is emphasised by a sculptural group with the symbols of science and art, created by sculpture Shivarov. The BAS building is an architectural and artistic monument of culture of national importance.
The building has a prime urban location, forming the northern frame of the “National Assembly” Square.