ORLOV MOST [Eagles’ Bridge]
The bridge was constructed in 1891 on the design of the Czech architect Václav Prošek.
It completes the central historical direction “Tsar Osvoboditel” Boulevard and flanks the entrance to the “Borisova Gradina” park. Eagle Bridge is one of the first monolithic bridges built in Sofia after the Liberation. At its four sides, on massive stone pillars are placed four eagles with outspread wings. The railings of the bridge have richly ornamented cast iron grids.
In 1970, in connection with the extension of “Tsarigradsko Shosse” Blvd., the bridge was widened and its northern part was moved.