NATIONAL GALLERY FOR FOREIGN ART
The Foreign Art Gallery was built on the site of the former Royal Printing Office (Proshekova), destroyed during the bombing in 1943.
In 1980, on the design of the great Bulgarian architect N. Nikolov, after the construction of the foreign art gallery, the northern frame of the “Alexander Nevski” square was finally closed, which contributed to the better perception of the square space.
Since then, the gallery has been one of the most important centres of cultural life in Sofia. The building itself is not a cultural monument.